Fishing at the Hanson Rod and Gun Club
Our Annual Youth Fishing Derby is held annually on the first Sunday in June at the Hanson Town Pond. This is our premier community outreach event for the year and generally attracts about 150 children from around the area.
The Fishing Derby is a FREE event for children, which is fun for everyone! Come join us for fishing, some snacks and prizes for the kids, plus a fun time for all!
- Bring your own fishing rod and reel.
- Free entry and free bait.
- Moms, dads, aunts, uncles, and grandparents all can lend a hand.
- Prizes and refreshments!
- First 100 kids get a free T-shirt!
Start time: 7 AM. All fishing for the derby takes place from 7 AM to 11AM, then the results are determined and the awards given out. We try to let as many children go home winners as possible.
- Open to the public: Boys and girls to age 18 are eligible to compete.
- Location: Wampatuck Pond at Hanson Town Hall – Rain or shine! Hopefully the sun will cooperate!
- Rules: Fishing from shore only; no boats allowed.
For more information, or to volunteer to help out, please contact the club at 781-293-1953.
Volunteers are needed for help with promotional materials, set-up and/or breakdown, helping to sign up participants, taking fish off of hooks and weigh-in of the fish, etc. – Club members, this counts toward your work hours.