Junior Members and Education Programs
The Hanson Rod & Gun Club has several fun and very active Junior development programs with complete instruction for all boys and girls from 10-20 years of age (discuss with coach if younger). Juniors can train and become competitive in smallbore target rifle, trap, and high power rifle shooting.
The Hanson Rod & Gun Club is committed to training young people in the safe and proper handling of firearms. We currently have firearms training programs specifically designed for the junior shooter in rifle and trap.
CMP Affiliated Clubs report Zero accidents in Club Annual Reports
From the CMP Newsletter – January 2008. The CMP now has 4,950 affiliated clubs and organizations. 4,260 of the CMP affiliates are either youth shooting sports organizations or regular clubs that sponsor junior activities. Each year, CMP affiliates must submit annual reports that provide information about club activities during the past year. One of the key questions concerns whether there were any firearms-related injury-causing incidents in club activities. The CMP is pleased to report that there were no reported firearms-related injury-causing incidents among its nearly 5,000 affiliates during the 2006 program year. Reports for the 2007 program year are just starting to come in. Marksmanship is indeed one of the safest of all sports!
Junior Rifle Program Information
Participate in one of the safest and most exciting sports available: competitive target shooting. It teaches kids a valuable life lesson. They quickly learn that they do better if they are focused, patient and self disciplined. Shooting is also one of a few sports where boys and girls compete as equals on the same team.
- Learn gun safety, cleaning, and maintenance.
- Participate in local, state, and national matches.
- Open to Boy and Girls ages 10 to 20 years old. We provide safety training to over 100 young shooters each year, and have 20 regular participants.
- Meet every Wednesday night from 6-8:30 PM at Hanson Rod and Gun Club.
- The first night’s participation is free, with a $2 per night fee charged after that. All fees are used to support the program.
- We provide ALL necessary equipment for participation – including target rifles & ammunition.
- For program information contact Rick Zadrozny at 781-293-6185.
- New shooters do not need to pre-register. Arrive at 6 PM for safety orientation and equipment issue.
- Parents and children need not be members of Hanson Rod and Gun Club for Junior participation.
Parents, we WELCOME your participation! We depend on parents for supervising, coaching, scoring, and transporting our team members. Regardless of whether or not you have any riflery experience, we could use your help. We know most of you are already busy, but even if you can only pitch in once in a while, we’d appreciate your support.