January Annual Meeting and Election of Officers
Please be advised that our 2016 Annual Meeting and Election of Officers will be held on January 14th. The clubhouse will open at 6PM and ballots will be distributed to all members who have paid their dues for the 2016 membership year. AT 8PM the ballots will be counted and the winners determined. The Annual Meeting will commence immediately after the results of the election are determined.
January Executive Board Meeting
Please be advised that the January Executive Board Meeting will be held at 7:00PM on Thursday Evening, January 28th, 2016. It is requested that all committees have their budgets ready for approval at that time.
Candidates for Club Office
Club Officers: One year term
- President: Justin Jerome (Incumbent & Unopposed)
- VicePresident: Bob Preston (Incumbent & Unopposed)
- Secretary: Bill Doherty (Incumbent & Unopposed)
- Treasurer: Candidate Needed!
Board of Directors: Two seats area open, Three year term
- Greg Williams: (Incumbent for re election)
- Dave Goncalves: (Incumbent for re election)
- Don Luongo
- Barbara Dunn
Annual Toy Drive
Congratulations to Mitch Soroco who for his momentous efforts this year collected over 490 toys. All of which were donated by the numerous contributions made by our members and while this was not our biggest year it is certainly a fantastic effort. All these toys will be donated to various church groups from around the immediate area. Our membership as well as Mitch himself should feel a great deal of pride in knowing that a great number of area children will wake up on to a better Christmas morning with a special gift. This program, along with our June Youth Fishing Derby, is one of our club’s largest community outreach programs and as always, is met with great enthusiasm. Thank you to all who made this program the success that it was.
New club sweatshirts and tee shirts have arrived in the club Country Store! Great offerings with the club logo at very attractive prices. Truly a great item on any members Christmas list.
Effective January 1st, 2016, The Shooting of Ground Targets is Prohibited
Sorry folks but due to safety concerns we have found it necessary to eliminate the practice of shooting any kind of ground targets. The ricochet potential is just to extreme. This includes bottles, spinners, clays, golf balls or foreign objects of any kind on ALL RANGES! Remember folks SAFETY FIRST!!
Getting The Lead Out!!!
Range expansion is progressing at a steady pace! To date there have been only a few pitfalls. All members are encouraged to come down and check out the renovations to the club range. Please be advised that everyone’s patience is appreciated while we go through the various growing pains making this project happen.
Steve Langenfeld & Paul Brody
CMP rifle shooting is being held on Sunday, December 20th at 1PM, Saturday, January 2nd at 9AM and on Sunday, January 17th at 1PM. Participants are urged to arrive early to get a bench!
Trap Range Turkey Shoot
A big thank you goes out to everyone who attended our recent November 22nd Hanson Rod & Gun Club Trap Range Turkey Shoot. The weather was less than wonderful however, despite cold temps, soaking rain and wind we had over thirty attendees from the Taunton, Holbrook and Hanson Gun clubs. In all we ran over 12 squads and gave away 12 turkey prizes all in time for the Thanksgiving Holiday. Many thanks go out to Dan Grant who helped orchestrate this endeavor as well as to Joe Chaves and Bill Sargo from the Taunton organization who helped get the word out to the many shooters who came to participate. Finally a very big thank you goes out to club member Bob Sullivan Sr. who lent us two canopy style tents to shield all our guests from the nasty weather. All things being equal, this was the most successful turkey shoot we have held in years. Thank you again to everyone that helped make it happen! Happy Holidays everyone!!!
….and while we are speaking about trap! Please be advised that Trap is shooting Wednesday Nights at 6PM under the lights and Sunday Afternoons starting at 1PM. Come down and join the fun. Ammo is available for use on the club range and loner guns are available.
Hanson Rod & Gun Club Club member Joe Leary Jr. pictured with both a rooster and a hen after a successful Thanksgiving Day pheasant hunt. Check out those two picture perfect pheasants!
Ladies’ Night To Be Held On January 12th 2016!
All members are reminded that Ladies’ Night is scheduled for the Tuesday Evening of Janary 12th 2016. Participants attending this event will learn the finer points of firearm safety as well as an introduction to handgun shooting. The action begins at 6PM and the cost is $12 dollars for the evening. Reservations are limited to 20 people each evening. For details please contact John at any club meeting. Please note: Special “Ladies Night” tee shirts are now available in a variety of colors.
Submitted by a recent guest to our organization. Please understand that “Peace” is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading. These are shooting tips from various concealed carry instructors. If you own a gun, you will appreciate these rules. If not, you should get one, learn how to use it and learn the rules.
- Guns have only two enemies: Rust and Politicians.
- It’s always better to be judged by 12 than carried out by 6.
- Cops carry guns to protect themselves, not you!
- Never let someone or something that threatens you to get inside an arm’s length.
- Never say “I’ve have a gun.” (If you need to use deadly force the first sound they should hear is the safety clicking off, or the hammer cocking.)
- The average response time of a 911 call is 23 minutes; the response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.
- The most important rule in a gunfight is …Always Win! There is no such thing as a fair fight. Cheat if necessary! Second place doesn’t count!
- Make your attacker advance through a wall of bullets …you may get killed in the process with your own gun, however they will have to beat you to
- death with it because it will be empty.
- If you’re in a gun fight: 1. If you’re not shooting, you should be loading. 2. If you’re not loading, you should be moving. 3. If you’re not moving, you’re dead.
- In a life and death situation, do something …it may be wrong, but do something!
- If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. (Nonsense! If you have a gun, what do you have to be paranoid about?)
- You can say “stop” or any other word, but a large bore muzzle pointed at someone’s head is pretty much a universal language and, you won’t have to press one for Spanish/Mexican etc.
- Never leave an enemy behind. If you have to shoot, shoot to kill. In court, yours will be the only testimony.
- You cannot save the planet but you may be able to save yourself and your family.
- Support your second amendment rights! It is not about hunting rabbits!
In conclusion…Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas to all!